Thursday 28 June 2018

The Sussexes to Mark RAF Centenary, a Royal Foundation Board Meeting & Latest Fashion Updates!

Harry and Meghan to Mark RAF Centenary... On Tuesday, 10 July, the Duke and Duchess will begin a two-day visit to Dublin. Before departing for the city, they will join the Queen and members of the Royal family for events marking the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force. The Royal Air Force – the world's first independent air force – was founded on 1 April 1918, independent of the British Army and Royal Navy. For one hundred years the RAF has defended the skies of Britain, preventing conflicts, delivering aid and combating cyber threats while working in partnership with other services. It promises to be a wonderful day, beginning with a service at Westminster Abbey at 10.30 am.


The royals will be out in force for this very special occasion:

'Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Duke of York, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and other members of the royal family will attend a service at Westminster Abbey to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force.'

After the service and a parade on the Mall, the royals will assemble on the balcony of Buckingham Palace where they will be treated to a spectacular flypast at 1pm.


Up to 100 aircraft will take part, including...


Following the flypast, Harry and Meghan will join other royals at a reception where they will meet RAF servicemen and women, charity representatives involved in the RAF100 Appeal, RAF Veterans and Civil Service personnel involved in the celebrations.


That afternoon, the Duke and Duchess will fly to Dublin for several engagements including a summer party at the British Ambassador's Residence. It will be a tight schedule, however, I am delighted to see them participating in honouring the RAF. Tuesday, 10th July will be an incredibly busy and fun day on the blog. We expect to see Meghan in a formal dress/separates and a hat for the RAF events, another day look for their arrival in Dublin and a cocktail party ensemble for the engagement that evening. We know the Duchess has a penchant for green, and it would be very fitting indeed to see her wear the colour in Ireland. Below, Meghan wearing a green Greta Constantine skirt in Belfast and the green Self-Portrait floral dress for an Invictus reception.


The Sussexes Attended a Royal Foundation Board Meeting... On Tuesday - before Harry and Meghan attended the Queen's Young Leaders Awards - the couple attended a Royal Foundation board meeting. Meghan officially became its fourth patron in May after the royal wedding.


We know the Duchess is working on several projects with the Foundation, which we can expect to hear more about in the coming months. It is understood she wants to focus on disadvantaged communities, supporting women and young people in particular. Reporter Omid Scobie revealed Meghan has done extensive homework and research in these areas - she's taken over 100 meetings since she and Harry became engaged.


Fashion Updates... The ripped Mother Denim jeans Meghan wore for the Invictus Games last September have been restocked in all sizes. The Looker Ankle Fray Love Gun style retail for $228. The Misha Nonoo Husband Shirt and Everlane Day Market tote Meghan teamed the jeans with are also in stock.


The Chloe Pixie Small Leather and Suede Shoulder Bag Meghan carried on Christmas Day is discounted by 40% at Matches Fashion (with thanks to Brooke and the lovely ladies at What Meghan Wore).


Meghan's Camilla & Marc Marguerite Blazer is back in stock.

And Meghan's Black Halo Jackie O dress is available in all sizes at Saks Fifth Avenue.


The Royal Wedding Book... The Royal Collection Shop has released a new £10 book to commemorate the royal wedding. The hardback book is described: "This beautifully illustrated souvenir wedding book captures every detail of the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, which took place on Saturday, 19 May 2018 at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle. Including lavish illustrations of their wedding and significant moments leading up to this special royal event, this book also showcases the Duchess's wedding dress and details the history of St George's Chapel." With many thanks to The Royal Spectator for the tip!


Wimbledon?.... Wimbledon kicks off on Monday. The annual tournament promises a fortnight of outstanding tennis. It's possible we'll see Meghan there at some point to cheer her friend Serena Williams on.

Embed from Getty Images

A potential outing would mark Meghan's first time in the Royal Box.

44 comments:

  1. Busy people! I don't know how the Sussexes are going to squeeze that all in, but I'm going to enjoy watching them do it. Do you think she'll wear peach, beige, or blush?? ;) Maybe she'll bust out some purple for us.

    I've been reading a book about The Blitz and only now realize how very important the RAF has been for the UK. Three cheers for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and dad lived through WWII in England and the debt to those men and women is huge.

      Delete
    2. PS My dads good friend was in the USAF in WWII. He was a bombardier in a Lancaster bomber doing bombing raids over Germany. Will say a little prayer for him too.

      Delete
    3. That would have been the U.S. Army Air Corps; the independent U.S. Air Force did not come into being until after WWII. :-) My father’s brother also served in the Air Corps in WWII.

      Delete
    4. Okey dokey then! I stand corrected. He was in the Air Corps and was a bombadier.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see them and see what she wears. Hopefully she brings her A game for all of these events

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 5hink meghan's B game would be ok. I think she's been great so far!

      Delete
  3. Intrigued By Royals28 June 2018 at 23:30

    No one is going to accuse Meghan of being the "Duchess of Do-Little" as they once called the Duchess of York. (I think they were being hard on the Duchess of York at that time. Poor thing!) I just don't know how they are going to have time to have a baby with all this work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way those two look at each other, I dont think baby making will be a problem!

      Delete
    2. bluhare, I seem to remember a years-ago Harry crush on your part. Apparently you are truly happy for him now, and that's good.

      Delete
    3. bluhare:)

      Delete
    4. Oh bluhare :-) ;-)! But you're wright i believe. The sparks are flying between them.

      Delete
    5. I have always had a crush on Harry, but I'm very happy he has found someone he loves and makes him happy.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that’s going to be a hectic July 10 for the Sussexes, but I’m sure they’ll manage swimmingly. I hope we get to see some green on the Irish trip. I think Meghan looks wonderful in green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a great excuse to get her back in green!
    Ad I am realizing that the RF serves as a source of continuity to remind citizens of their past. We need a US royal family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be my second day in London! I hope I can get to the Abbey to be part of the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you to be there!!!Unforgettable moments,really!
      Please send us your impressions,:)

      Delete
    2. I will! Thank you, Eugenie! When this was announced I immediately contacted the travel agent to re-arrange that day's plans so I could do this. I hope I can make this happen!!

      Delete
    3. Good luck,florida girl!!

      Delete
  7. Or go see the blacony appearance!!! What time should I start standing outside Buckingham Palace for that? Do they start the night before or just a few hours? I would think this wouldn't bring the same huge crowds as Trouping or a Jubilee or a wedding.

    Anybody with an opinion or experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, Texas, USA29 June 2018 at 04:31

      Florida Girl, I have attended Trooping the Colour many times. I head down to The Mall to get a spot around 6:00 am. I think this might be a little different because it’s not an annual event. Charlotte, how much will this be advertised? I feel like many of the crowds will be tourists that stumble upon the event. I am not sure how they will do this event, but for the Diamond Jubilee balcony appearance and for Trooping the Colour, if you are at a spot down by the Palace, those barriers will not be moved for you to go up to the gates. If you are further down The Mall, they will move the barriers for people to get down to the Palace at the gates for the balcony appearance. I’ve been in both spots. I prefer to be down The Mall and then rush to try to get a close spot by the gates at the Palace. The media is always set up on the Queen Victoria memorial. The flypast will be fabulous. I always love the flypast at Trooping. It’s really an amazing sight. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Oh Kate thank you! This is very helpful! I've never been so I'm not sure exactly how to visualize "down the mall" vs "a spot down by the palace" but I think I get it and may go the day before to "scope it out" and try to see what you mean.

      I do wonder what time I should go there for this, I'll do what it takes! I even wrote down to by adult diapers (or dehydrate myself beforehand)..... 😆

      Delete
    3. The RAF centenary is a very important event, I would expect a solid turnout. Arrive early with plenty of water and enjoy it! The flypast is going to be simply spectacular.

      Delete
    4. Thank you, Charlotte!

      Delete
    5. Eve from Germany29 June 2018 at 16:57

      florida girl, how wonderful for you!! Please enjoy your time in London, it´s a beautiful city! Hope it´s not too hot during the flypast - sounds like you´re going to have to spend some time there... ;-))) Can´t wait to hear your reports!!

      Delete
    6. Thank you, Eve!

      Delete
  8. The thought that I may get to see a balcony appearance is almost too much for me to comprehend!! As many great plans we have while we're there I would give them all up to see a decent view of the balcony appearance.

    And a flyover too!!

    This is quiet a massive surprise for me. 😮😲😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting for you florida girl! I hope you get to see all that you wish for whilst in London! I was there the day after the birth, but for the announcement of Prince Louis' name you should have seen the line up of media outside KP. It was insanely exciting!!
      Harry and Meghan certainly are not wasting any time, which is great. I hope that Meghan can carve out her own niche within the Royal Foundation very soon, but it certainly sounds like it. It will make up for all the appearances where nearly only fashion and hair matters. Meghan is a woman of integrity, and I hope that she will not find royal life too stifling.
      Royal 👑 Watcher

      Delete
    2. How lucky you are I can not wait to read your comments

      Delete
    3. Thank you, anon 02:08 and Faiza! I'm going to try to hang out around the christening too. We planned this trip back in January - just CANNOT believe these events are lining up to happen on this trip!

      Delete
  9. Wow, the Duchess of Sussex has already had over 100 meetings. Thanks, Charlotte for keeping us informed with accurate information. I’m very well pleased. Looking forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure has been busy! I think that just goes to show her dedication and genuine interest in her new role. I’m excited to her what she’ll be devoting her time to - hopefully they won’t keep us waiting too long!

      Delete
  10. Meghan wasn’t kidding when she said she wanted to hit the ground running. They are certainly keeping busy and I’m loving her wardrobe choices...some near misses but generally overall, I like her style - much more my taste.

    What do we think the odds are of a Meghan & Kate surprise appearance at Wimbledon? I know Kate’s on maternity but a nice sister-in-law outing would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Alaina, I see that some are bored with Meghan's style already but I can't wait to see more!! I especially looking forward to see what she'll wear when it's just her and Harry at an engagement as I'm sure she's upped her game when with the Queen, pantyhose anyone!

      Delete
    2. Maternity leave does not preclude appearances at events per se. Even events with organizations of which she is a patron. It simply means that the Catherine is not expected to attend in an official capacity for the period of her leave.

      A sisters-in-law outing would be fun.

      Delete
    3. Kate tends to lay low and out of the spotlight during her maternity leaves so it’s always a treat to see her and I would love to see her & Meghan without their husbands.

      I like to imagine they get along really well and have a great time together. I would think it’s nice for both of them to have neighbors in the same age group nearby and with a niece and nephews added in - I’m sure they spend quite a bit of time together. I can’t wait to see the family dynamic develop!

      Delete
  11. The duchess has a job I love it lol, it is on that I would read the blog for all the reports and I hope to see it encourage the super Serena because the work does not prevent the good time

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte: have you thought of adding a link to your Kate blog on this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  13. July 10 will be such a fun day on the blog!! Thank you for all you do, Charlotte! I expect we'll see Kate at Wimbledon, probably more than once, and would love to see Meghan, Kate, and Pippa have a girls' day out to watch the ladies' tennis :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just realized… everytime Meghan is shown in a bikini from now on (say in paparazzi snaps on vacation with Harry) the tabloid headline is gonna have the word "Sussexy" in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! How funny.

      Delete
  15. Also would love to see Kate, Pippa, Meghan and Priyanka together in the Royal box at Wimbledon. Priyanka would fit right in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mad About Meghan! We do so look forward to reading your thoughts. Constructive, fair debate is always encouraged. Hateful, derogatory terms and insults are not welcome here. This space focuses on Harry and Meghan, not any other member of the Royal family. It's not the place to discuss politics either. Thank you for reading, we look forward to your comments :)