Thursday 25 October 2018

Duchess Meghan in Stunning Theia Gown & Diana's Aquamarine Ring for Official Dinner

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex concluded their first day in Tonga with a glamorous reception and official dinner at Consular House.


It's been a non stop day for Harry and Meghan. This morning they visited the city of Nadi for a special ceremony and statue unveiling before bidding farewell to Fiji. Following a short flight, they arrived in Tonga for an official welcome. They just had time to change before travelling for a private audience with His Majesty King Tupou VI and Queen Nanasipauʻu ahead of the reception and dinner.


Black-tie events are always a highlight on any royal tour calendar. We've been lucky to see two in the space of three days. The itinerary in Australia was much more informal with fewer evening events, the Fiji/Tonga schedule offered a change of pace. Harry and Meghan both looked enchanting as they arrived, the images took me back to the royal wedding which was just five months ago. So much has happened since then, both personally with the delightful news Baby Sussex is on the way and professionally with Meghan's royal role developing.


Meghan chatted with guests.


The Duke and Duchess joined King Tupou VI, Queen Nanasipauu and Princess Angelika Latufuipeka to watch traditional Tongan entertainment.


The entertainment watched by Their Majesties and Their Royal Highnesses included performances from Fa'ahiula, Me'etu'upaki, Ta'olunga and Lakalaka.


The Mirror reports:

'At the reception they met an array of dignitaries, including Justice Charles Cato, a New Zealand judge and his Russian wife Miriam. Mrs Cato said: “I asked, how does she feel? She responded, ‘Very well, thank you.’ I said, ‘No visible signs yet!’”
That prompted the duchess, who was wearing a dress by Theia, to look down at front of her dress and laugh in agreement. Mrs Cato, 41, added: “As a doctor I was a bit concerned to about her taking all these long trips. I’m a mother of two. I know how it feels. I asked her to take care of herself. She promised to do so.”

Lizzie Robinson shared details of Harry's speech:

'Prince Harry said in a speech tonight: "Coming to Tonga I feel very much as though I am coming to visit an extended family. My grandparents have visited a number of times and Your Majesties have been frequent visitors to see my family over the years."
Prince Harry also read out a message from the Queen: "It gives me great pleasure that my grandson and his wife are visiting...Our two families have enjoyed a deep and warm friendship over many years, and I hope that our close relationship continues with the next generation."

Frederica shared a photo of Miss Fahina e Paepae Filipe presenting Meghan with a bouquet of national Tongan flowers.


The Duchess selected a beautiful Theia gown for the evening.


The $995 Ivory Crepe Column Gown features flanged shoulders, a jewel neckline, and side slit. The shoulders are accentuated with hand embroidered appliqués of crystals and micro glass beads. It's available for pre-order on the Theia website.


The shoulder embellishment.


More on the brand:

'Inspired by the Greek Goddess THEIA, this evening wear, bridal and day dress collection was created to bring out every woman’s inner goddess. One of the original Titans, THEIA who ruled during the Greek Golden Age, possessed the incredible power of light which radiated from her sparkling eyes. All that she gazed upon glittered, becoming luminous and radiant. She imbued gold and silver with their shine. She gave diamonds their fire and rubies and emeralds their sparkle. Her three children; Helios the sun, Celene the moon, and Eos the dawn, all continue to bring light in to the world everyday.
The THEIA collection combines sophisticated and elegant styling with luxurious silks, European brocades, laces, and prints. THEIA’s exquisite beading and embroideries are created by some of the finest couture studios in the world. Each piece is meticulously stitched together to create exquisite gowns and cocktail dresses that flow beautifully around the body. The woman who wears THEIA will be filled with confidence knowing her dress fits wonderfully and looks beautiful on her, thus naturally allowing her inner goddess to shine.
THEIA launched in stores in Fall 2009 and is currently sold in over 350 stores globally including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and fine specialty stores.'

Creative Director, Don O’Neill, known for his elegant and sophisticated eveningwear, was born in Ballyheigue, a small village in the west of Ireland. From an early age, his mother and her clothing inspired him with her elegant Bergdorf Goodman dresses and Ib Jorgensen couture suits. Throughout Don’s formative years, this inspiration fueled his dreams of becoming a fashion designer. Initially training as a chef, O’Neill was able to study to be a fashion designer, his true passion, after winning a full tuition scholarship to the Barbara Bourke College of Fashion Design. After traveling the world and working for famous designers and fashion houses such as Christian Lacroix, he arrived in New York, where spent ten years working with evening-wear designer Carmen Marc Valvo and three years as head of the Badgley Mischka diffusion label. He has dressed everyone from Oprah Winfrey to Taylor Swift.


The designer already has a royal connection. He apprenticed with Gina Fratini, who produced designs for royal couturier Norman Hartnell and she created pieces for Diana, Princess of Wales.


When Fratini passed away last year, Don wrote a touching piece on his blog remembering her: "I sadly learned yesterday that my first mentor, the wonderful Fashion Designer Gina Fratini passed away on May 25th 2017, Ironically exactly 30 years from the day we first met and she presented me with my Designer of Year award at my graduation show in 1987. She took me under her wing when I first moved to London and allowed me to design several pieces during my internship with her that made it on to her collection. She had the loveliest sweet gentle voice, and it sparkled down the phone line filled with effervescence. She was thrilled when I would call. I called this Christmas on a crazy Saturday of card writing, once again unsure which address was Gina's, but the number was no longer in service .. which worried me. I thought she may have returned to England. I received a letter in the mail last night, from a family member who had just received some Christmas mail for Gina, and she said she cried when she saw my big fat envelope in the pile. She was a dear, sweet, loving, kind, generous, and super talented fashion designer and pattern maker."


Speaking about Meghan wearing his gown Don said:

'Speaking to independent.ie from his Brooklyn home today, Don explained that after seeing the turquoise version from his pre-fall collection, her stylist reached out and asked if it could be customised in ivory. "Then I got an email saying that the duchess loved the dress and could I make it again in exactly the same size but with bigger seam allowances, so I stopped working on my upcoming bridal collection and we made the second dress within eight hours," he said.
"We knew immediately why this extra allowance was required, but mum’s the word - and with less than one week to my bridal show, all hands were on deck once more - we re-made the gown and I literally had to run down Broadway that Friday night to catch the UPS truck making it with just two minutes to spare.
"I can't believe this has happened. I've been watching morning, noon and night since Meghan went on tour in Australia and we didn't know if she would wear my gown because she was cutting back on her schedule." Mr O'Neill described her as a "source of inspiration", particularly for his bridal collection, praising her "classic and effortless" style. "I am humbled and so excited to dress The Duchess of Sussex. It has been an exciting whirlwind collaboration," he added.'

A look at the designer with the gown and the original sketch.


For the first time since her wedding day, Meghan wore Diana's aquamarine ring. Harry reportedly gifted it to her just before the big day.


People reports: "Diana famously wore the emerald cut Aquamarine stunner to an auction of her own clothes at Christie’s in 1997. The jewel is part of a set — the other piece is an aquamarine bracelet, where it’s connected by five strands of pearls. She wore both to a gala dinner in Australia in 1996." A lovely way to honour the late Princess.

Embed from Getty Images

A look at the striking ring tonight.


The Duchess wore a shimmering bracelet.


And her Birks Snowstorm Diamond earrings in white gold.



Meghan carried her black Givenchy clutch.


The Duchess wore her trusty Aquazzura Deneuve Pumps. Made in Italy, the stiletto heels are described as "A pert bow perched at the back ties together the chic detailing of a pointy-toe pump featuring side cutouts and a super slim stiletto." They are also available in cabaret pink at Nordstrom.


George Northwood styled Meghan's hair in an elegant updo.


Meghan's red and white looks in Tonga today served as fitting and thoughtful choices.


In case you missed it our post on Meghan's departure from Tonga is here and the post on the royal arrival in Tonga is here.


Tomorrow's schedule, Friday 26 October:

  • The Duke and Duchess will visit the St George Building for a call on the Prime Minister S. Akilisi Pohiva and members of the cabinet. From there, Their Royal Highnesses will attend an exhibition with The Princess Angelika at the Faonelua Centre, celebrating Tongan handicrafts and products, including traditional mats and 'tapa' cloth. Their Royal Highnesses will also have the opportunity to meet local Tongan traders and craftsmen.
  • The Duke and Duchess will then travel to Tupou College, which is the oldest secondary school in the Pacific, founded by a British missionary in 1866. Their Royal Highnesses will dedicate two forest reserves at the school's on-site forest, the Toloa Forest Reserve, the last remaining forest area on Tonga’s main island of Tongatabu, and the Eua National Park Forest Reserve, located at the Island of Eua – to The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy. The Tupou College Boys' will perform traditional Tongan music to commemorate the event.
  • From Tupou College, The Duke and Duchess will travel to The Royal Palace for an official farewell with The King before departing for Sydney. That evening in Sydney, Their Royal Highnesses will attend the Australian Geographic Society Awards, an annual gathering of Australia's brightest and best in exploration, science and conservation. Their Royal Highnesses will present youth awards to honour the highest achievements in conservation and adventure, and The Duke will give an address.

What do you think of Meghan's look tonight?

87 comments:

  1. A dream! First red, then white for the Tongan flag 🇹🇴

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. + Diana’s aquamarine ring! Awesome :)

      Delete
  2. Courtney from NC25 October 2018 at 07:30

    It is VERY fitted through the abdomen. I understand why, I just question whether or not dressing her in all regular clothing and not having looser fitting clothing that works better for this stage of pregnancy. I feel like most of her looks on the tour have been so close to being great but they are either a little sloppy looking because they are too loose on top or way too tight. So close but not quite hitting perfection . It is a shame there isn't someone in their entourage who could put a quick tuck or stitch in the looser items and have gone into the tour with the majority of items being a bit big and quickly tailoring them to fit her ever changing body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen of the sun25 October 2018 at 07:42

      Courtney, I was just thinking about the practicality. She worked with a big number of designers putting her wardrobe together and they probably started right after the wedding. If she told all of them that she was pregnant surely it would have leaked out. Even more if she requested maternity clothes, then even the seamstress making it would know. She has also really popped in the last couple of weeks, maybe she did not expect that either. And thought she can get the tour done in regular clothes.

      Delete
    2. Courtney from NC25 October 2018 at 07:50

      I still cannot get over the way her skin and face glows. I am waiting on the primer she uses to come in the mail and am super excited. I know part of hers right now is the pregnancy glow but she has always had such a lovely complexion.

      Delete
    3. Courtney from NC25 October 2018 at 08:25

      Queen of the sun - I know she has probably been planning her wardrobe since the wedding, possibly even before. I just think that if a garment is properly fitted, or at the very least not too snug, and it lays correctly it makes a huge difference. Even if I dislike a garment if it fits correctly or mostly correctly I can like the overall look. Does that make sense? I feel like my lack of sleep is muddling my brain and I am not explaining things correctly . I really was getting at that if she had even ordered the dresses in one size up and made small adjustments as needed it would have made a huge difference and wouldn't have tipped their hand regarding the pregnancy. Regardless she is a beautiful woman and I love seeing Harry happy.

      Delete
    4. She looks amazing and yet some find reasons to say it's not perfection....confused as to why some look for what they consider imperfections. Anyway, she looks amazing, the dress is fitted to her body and the skin, hair, jewels, bag all work to make her one polished royal. Love the Team that takes so much time to give us background info on each event and clothing designers. Thank you!

      Delete
    5. I don’t get the problem with her dresses being slightly tight. She’s pregnant, she’s human she looks happy, healthy and beautiful. Give her a break.

      Delete
    6. I'm not sure how these tours work and what kind of personnel come along, but I do think to bring along a personal tailor to take out a few stitches here and there seems like it would be too excessive. Don't be so hard on her. It's impossible to predict how one's pregnant body will change and exactly when, especially for a first time pregnancy. What fits in the morning may not fit the same way later in the day! And the loose fitting clothes the past few days (in Fiji) were worn to deter mosquito bites, I believe.

      Delete
    7. Courtney from NC - coming from a long line of professional seamstresses I can tell you ordering a larger size doesn't solve the problem because you would be dealing with shoulder seams not laying correctly, possibly longer sleeves, darts in the wrong place, etc. With the advent of surging seams the ability of 'letting out' a seam was lost. I'm not sure sizing up would solve Meghan's "problem" since a pregnant body shape is different than just being slightly larger than a 'regular' body.

      Delete
    8. I think that upon Meghan's arrival home she will be done with her current wardrobe of fashions until sometime a good year from now. We will then see repeats. I think we will now be seeing different elements in design to accommodate her glowing body, A truly exciting time for them both.

      Delete
    9. A fashion tidbit, there was a false seam installed in the Theia dress. The design team knew why and kept quiet about it. Go them :)

      Delete
    10. Helena GA, agree with your comments.

      Delete
    11. Bev W, now I am looking for a false seam, I can not see it:).

      Delete
    12. I think this gown fits her like a dream - it's tight, but a lot of her dresses have been that way. I haven't noticed anything very awkward in any of her tour outfits, so far. The gorgeous red dress from earlier was a bit tight, but I don't think anyone could have predicted her body changing at a certain time. And her stomach seems to have started showing a lot more in the past week -- that's definitely hard to predict.

      Delete
    13. Courtney from NC26 October 2018 at 00:06

      I'm not going to reply one by one to the replies. I just wanted to say I'm not looking or searching for imperfections and yes I have been pregnant before. Further down someone said they'd like to see people with negative posts, and I didn't think mine was negative really, dress for a tour whilst pregnant. Apples to oranges. She has world renowned design houses and funds the majority of us do not. Like I said I question her support staff because they are the ones with experience in tours and royal goings on.

      I was under the impression opinions were allowed on this blog as they are on Charlotte's other DK blog. I think some of her clothing is too tight and others don't.

      Delete
    14. I agree Courtney. Even when people offer constructive criticism on here I find it smart and kindly started. I too find it disappointing that it’s just in that last thing, the fit, all the work of her style is just a bit off and I’m so uncomfortable with commenters saying that because I like to talk about the fashion - and in some recent cases what isn’t working for me - that I am negative, looking for flaws, or don’t support other women. It’s a discussion board. We discuss.

      Delete
  3. Island goddess. She looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't impressed by most of her looks during the tour, but I like all the choices from today. At last, there's colour, in her style and elegant. But still, I think, that the best dressed on this tour is...Prince Harry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Prince Harry is the star of this tour. He has really upped his game.

      Delete
    2. I agree! Prince Harry is looking hot! 😀

      Delete
  5. Nicole from France25 October 2018 at 08:57

    Could we please stop commenting on the way some of her clothes seem a bit tight, knowing why it is so ? That would be nice to her , really , as she probably sees the problem herself ! This dress is splendid, she is glowing despite her tiredness, and thank you Charlotte for all what I learn about those « down under » places !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole your comments are spot on. I can’t believe people are commenting on her dresses being too tight. What happened to Women sticking together and supporting each other. I’m actually really upset some people are even mentioning it. It’s rude and mean.

      Delete
    2. Jessica in los angeles25 October 2018 at 15:31

      Thank you! I thought the same thing. She’s at that awkward phase of pregnancy where she’s not ready for maternity clothes, but she’s outgrowing her regular clothes. She looks lovely.

      Delete
    3. Yes, thank you! I agree. I’d like to see the critics dress for a tour like this at a stage in pregnancy when your body is changing quickly and it’s hard to keep up. She’s obviously doing the best she can and wow is she doing incredible keeping up this pace while I’m sure tired and worn out often.

      Delete
    4. She has help and resources to get her clothes fitting. Nobody I have seen on here is being overly critical. Just observing. The same way you observed she looks tired. I’m sure you Diane mean to be critical - just stating a fact or something you observe. I like reading others observations on here and sometimes staring my own. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  6. I must disagree, I totally love all her choices and it is the modern trend to dress normal and even tight fitting in pregnancy. And this is a beautiful dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d love everything more if the clothes had just one inch more of fabric around the tummy. Fitted is fine, super tight straining fabric doesn’t work for me. With modern styles like she prefers, so much of the design is about the lines and fit becomes even more important. Like this dress. Because of the horizontal lines across the stomach, the eye is drawn there instead of up to the shoulder details. Nothing a bigger size (just a few inches) around the midsection couldn’t take care of. I am loving the idea of slmost everything she’s picked this tour and so much has looked great. These last few days though have been off for fit. Love that she’s wearing the ring! I wonder if we’ll see the bracelet eventually?

      Delete
  7. Meghan looks lovely. Very elegant. Love the white. An empire waist is a very good design for a pregnant woman, and a gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks absolutely lovely in this gown! And the video shows how nicely it moves when she’s walking. She has a very graceful walk, and of course her posture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph from Canberra25 October 2018 at 11:06

    Gorgeous!! Absolutely stunning! My favourite look of the tour to date :) What a knockout today has been in the fashion arena!

    And as always, thank you Charlotte for your wonderful coverage, I am learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte, I just wanted to say, thank you so much for giving us this blog (& DKB!). I know people have said this a million times, but your two blogs are the best Royal blogs out there (that I know of!). I don’t know what we’d do without you. You make following the BRF so much fun & bring so much enjoyment to us all. I’m really impressed by your work ethic & high standard...we’re so spoilt. Your hard work is really appreciated & thanks to your husband as well, for sharing you with us x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may be my favorite look. Simple, elegant, well fitting. And all that time in the sun has given Meghan a nice tan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gown is lovely on her but her hair is messy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zora from Prague25 October 2018 at 12:10

    Meghan looks great, the updo really suits her. The dress is elegant and I like the embellishments. Harry looks great too. Handsome couple! Very representative. I wonder whether HM the Queen follows their itinerary and photos as they keep on coming. What do you all think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I think she's kept informed somehow. She should be very proud :-)

      Delete
  14. Love the dress but not much on the black clutch and shoes. They seem too harsh. Wish she would go with the Glitter collection from Jimmy Choo such as

    https://us.jimmychoo.com/en/women/shoes/emily-85/champagne-glitter-fabric-sandals-EMILY85GFA120011.html?cgid=women-shoes#start=1

    And

    https://us.jimmychoo.com/en/women/bags/ellipse/champagne-glitter-fabric-clutch-bag-ELLIPSEGFA120011.html#q=Glitter&start=1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracious in white.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love her hair like this. If anything I think the best dressed is ... meghan's hair. All the elegant up dogs, half up dos ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Silvia from Tuscany25 October 2018 at 12:51

    She's just wonderful in this white lovely dress. I can find nothing wrong with it. On the contrary, she's a continuous nice surprise. Love the earings and all the accessories. The piece is beautifully written, as usual. Thank you Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A vision in this gorgeous gown! Also I think her hair has never looked better! Kathy from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think of how Meghan is only a fledgling in Royal life and how many stressful, though happy,changes she has experienced this year. Most people would collapse. New country, new job, marriage, pregnancy. She must be titanium, as Charles reportedly call her. The dress is lovely and she looks wonderful. Brava.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles nickname for her is tungsten.

      Delete
    2. https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a21604066/meghan-markles-prince-charles-tungsten-nickname-reason-report/

      Delete
    3. Tungsten :)

      Delete
  20. Elegance,love and flawless royal work,perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That ring! I would love to have that ring! Meghan looks beautiful all around. Thanks Charlotte for these wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am very much enjoying the Island looks of the Duchess of Sussex. The red is still my favorite but I have enjoyed all her looks. My niece is Tongan and her wedding was a beautiful mix of American and Tongan culture and tradition. Thanks, Charlotte for the info on the fashion designer for the Duchess gown. Interesting info and connection to Diana, Princess of Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She looks like a goddess. I love this dress, and I hope she wears it later, after pregnancy. It is beautiful! I think her "pudginess" is really, really cute. We are so used to her and Kate's super-slimness, and then Kate seems to get just a bump in the front. Meghan looks like a happy pregnant woman, albeit early.

    Bringing out the bling makes me hopeful that we will see her wedding bracelet and reception earrings at the end of the tour. I bet she and Harry jump into a comfy bed when they return and sleep for a day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!!!! She does black tie very well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here's a mystery! The designer of this gorgeous white gown says he was asked to remake it with seam allowance, a week before his bridal show. I looked up his bridal show and it occurred in late April, so I must be missing something because that was before the wedding.

    https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-dress-designer-reveals-how-learned-royal-baby-secret/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have noticed in one or two pictures that she has an "oily" look on her arms or ankles... not being negative..but I wondered if this was bug repellent of some kind? I am aware of the ZIKA warnings, so maybe I am imagining it b/c of that. I read that she was taking precautions, so I just wondered. I have enjoyed all the posts during the tour and LOVE seeing her in formal wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, too, and had the same thought.

      Delete
    2. There are cream-based repellants. The important thing is that she wear it. It was hot and humid. Princesses and duchesses sweat, too.

      Delete
  27. The white gown is beautiful--I liked the Fijian blue better, but they are both lovely. I would have enjoyed silvery sandals/clutch instead of the black though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow she looks fantastic in everything today! These two are a sight to behold. So very happy for them. Is it just me or is she a little heavy handed with the bronzer? She is such a beautiful woman and I think that much make up detracts from it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is my favorite look thus far on the tour
    She looks beautiful and Harry looks great in his tux.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Reminds me a bit of Pippa's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  31. She looks beautiful in the white. Love the simplicity of the diamonds with the dress and the one big pop of blue in the ring. The black bag and shoes look very elegant. Hair very nicely done. Avery elegant dress.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely beautiful in every respect.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I looked back at all the events on this tour where Prince Harry is wearing medals, and he did wear those same 4 small ones in Fiji on Oct. 23 at the state dinner at the Grand Pacific Hotel as well (the dinner where Meghan wore the awe-inspiring Fijian blue Safiyaa Ginkgo Cape Dress). However, for that state dinner the Duke of Sussex wore them with the full-sized star of a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order underneath the small medals. The mystery thickens... I would love to know if anyone has some insight into this new (?) medal!
      I'm looking forward to seeing what Meghan wears on October 26. Thanks for updating the blog so quickly with the "First Look" all the time!

      Delete
  34. I’ve said before how can there be any criticisms? What an outstanding young couple their happiness literally shines through. She is a young first time pregnant woman who is being watched by the world. I think she is superb and Harry looks bewildered with a joy he never could have imagined. She’s keeping up with a demanding schedule that we can’t imagine. While the like some of her fashion looks more than others, I can’t imagine any criticism. They are dreamy perfection. Following in his Grandmother’s steps.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved the blue gown the Duchess wore in Fiji but this gown is exquisite, so elegant. It must have been difficult over the last 3 months to try and plan for a wardrobe knowing her body would be changing but I think she has got it right with her gown selections. How delightful to see HRH Princess Diana’s aquamarine ring again, I hope we see it often over the years, it’s my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I honestly feel kinda bad for Meghan with the tight clothing. She obviously didn't expect to pop this much and feeling constricted in overly tight dress clothes is the worst. Plus she's out of her normal routine- eating different things, sleeping on a different schedule- that is enough to make my stomach fussy on vacation and I always plan my looser outfits for later on in my trip. I'm sure she isn't the most comfortable right now, and I can't imagine having to feel that way and know you're being photographed non-stop. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  37. She reminds me of a young Julia Roberts. She absolutely nailed it,but in my eyes she can't do anything wrong I wish the young couple health and strength

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is beautiful. Theia is a fabulous choice, and fits her perfectly. More importantly however, Harry and Meghan are representing The Queen and Country, and doing a first class job.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Has noone on this blog ever been pregnant? I know how self-conscious I am in the clothes I wear- why would you even comment on how her clothes are fitting her? She is beautiful and pregnant, and when you’re pregnant nothing really fits right. She is so brave to marry Harry and she’s putting herself out there the way she is expected to. She is doing a fabulous job, and I honestly am blown away at how she is still going strong, being present and just as lovely at the end of the tour as she was on the first day of the tour. I really admire her generosity of spirit and giving nature, doing her best to greet and talk to as many people as she can. Let’s act as women supporting women do and give her due credit :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I suppose criticisms of Kate were as harsh in the early years of her royal life; but I do sometimes feel a certain attitude towards Meghan, that is very unsettling. Not so much here, of course. Comments about the sometimes odd fit of her clothing, even pre-pregnancy, are entirely understandable. We've all seen some puzzling photos. I have a short torso too, and it can be very frustrating as to tailoring. She's met the challenges of a ten hour time difference, cahnge of season, a packed schedule, and a changing body, with grace and aplomb. This was a good fashion day.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love this, so glamorous and regal. All the lovely colors today make such a difference.
    They both deserve a big rest after this tour, it’s been so full on . Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  42. Still think she looks so pretty and cute in the red dress, too. She's such a trooper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Her sparkling bracelet looks very similar to the one Diana wore with the Aquamarine ring in 1997 when attending Christie's auction.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This young woman has done such an outstanding job dealing with all of the major life changes in just one year and remaining so elegant and welcoming. For all those with the petty criticisms of how everything should fit to perfection when she is PREGNANT just think of her as your daughter, sister/friend and you will have automatic understanding and wouldn't want anyone to criticize "your girl". Also, thanks Charlotte for your hard work you are truly a Rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think this dress looks amazing on Meghan. I don't understand the qualms about it being too tight.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Goodness gracious! This is a home run! My favourite look of the tour by far. Meghan looks incredible. The colour and style of dress are so flattering on her. So regal, so elegant. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Im enjoying the historical facts of this tour, carried out by a handsome gentleman and beautiful lady. ...and hardworking Charlotte. Meghans wardrobe I envy alongside her dapper prince. Meghan is keeping pace and doing a wonderful job and she has my greatest respect especially being in a first pregnancy. She seemingly is tirelessly scrutinised by the "world" but still holds her head high. At all times she looks a true Duchess and i wish her well. Well done Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  48. Loved her red dress! Since it was requested in April to allow for seams to be let out, I believe that Meghan is due in January/February not in April/May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked that out too, but there is no way she could be seven months pregnant right now. She's still quite petite in the bump area...In saying that, I personally believe she is more like 5 months along. Time will tell!

      Delete
  49. Whenever the baby is due, God bless her to deliver a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Kelly @ 14:49. Ummmmm, I can’t say the Duke of Sussex looked better than his wife on this tour. Nor is he the star. They both are popular and the crowds call for “Meghan and Harry”. They are a lovely COUPLE . If he’s dressing better, it is probably due to the influence of his WIFE. Everywhere on this tour, as a COUPLE, they have been greeted and welcomed with warmth and respect. People (of course not you) seem to be very critical of Harry’s wife, but it was Harry who proposed to her. Wonder what’s up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow she is glowing and gorgeous her hair is gorgeous and I love Diana's beautiful ring in her finger! It's like they are carrying Harry's mom with them :). I love the stunning gown and gorgeous earrings wow wow wow

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think she looks amazing tonight, I am sooo pleased to see some lighter colours coming through :) Thank you so much for your quick posts. I was reading an article on the Daily Mail (link below) just now, and thought that the bracelet Meghan is wearing looks A LOT like the one Diana is pictured wearing in the second photo. What do you think?? More of Diana's jewels!? I would love to see Kate in some more, but we have plenty of time for that to happen. So looking forward to the rest of the tour when they come to my country of NZ!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6319667/Meghan-Markle-given-nickname-Di-2-members-royal-household.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mad About Meghan! We do so look forward to reading your thoughts. Constructive, fair debate is always encouraged. Hateful, derogatory terms and insults are not welcome here. This space focuses on Harry and Meghan, not any other member of the Royal family. It's not the place to discuss politics either. Thank you for reading, we look forward to your comments :)