Wednesday 17 November 2021

Meghan to Appear on Ellen Tomorrow

The Duchess of Sussex will make her first daytime talk show appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show tomorrow.

In a teaser clip and snippets shared from the interview, Meghan discusses Lili teething, plans to cook for Thanksgiving, and happiness in the US.

People reports:

'The Duchess of Sussex will appear on the talk show Thursday, and a sneak peek of her chat with DeGeneres released Wednesday shows Meghan reminiscing about going on auditions on the same Warner Bros. lot when she worked as an actress before meeting Prince Harry.

"The security guards would always say, 'Break a leg! We hope you get it!' So the drive in today was very different," Meghan, 40, told the host, who is also her neighbor in Montecito.

When DeGeneres asked Meghan if the security guards recognized her, the mom of two replied, "I think they probably said it to everybody. That's how nice they were."

More from Yahoo:

'One reason for that difference is that Markle no longer drives her old Ford Explorer Sport, a car she told DeGeneres “had a life of its own.”

The key didn’t work on the driver’s side, so Markle was unable to enter the car through the door.

“So after auditions, I would park at the back of the parking lot and I would open the trunk and climb in, pull the door shut behind me and crawl all over my seats to get out,” she explained. “That’s how I would come to and fro.”

DeGeneres asks if anyone saw Markle crawling through her car.'

“No, I would play it off,” Markle said. “I’d go, ‘Oh, I’m just looking for my resume, highlighters for my script. Maybe it’s back there,’ and then crawl in and close it.”

The Duchess wore a cream cutout blouse with black trousers and pumps.


With thanks to Laura/@JapaneseGinger, it appears Meghan wore Oscar de la Renta's Balloon Sleeve Blouse. The piece is described: "Oscar de la Renta silk-blend blouse with palm embroidery on sleeves. Crew neckline; keyhole/back button. Long balloon sleeves; button cuffs." It's available in limited sizing at Bergdorf Goodman. It also comes in pink.

I'll have a full post after the interview airs tomorrow :)

17 comments:

  1. It's hard to appreciate that beautiful blouse when she's sitting down. It really is gorgeous, though. Looking forward to hearing Meghan speak for a slightly extended time. I'm glad she and Harry are truly finding freedom. While they may be in the US, I'm sure they are communication with those they love and have shared much time zooming with the Queen so she can see their children. I don't know if they will be able to go to the UK and see her during a private visit but I hope she will be allowed to do so. COVID is not gone and there must still be precautions. On another topic, I was happy to see a short clip of the Queen for an in-person engagement. Noted the Corgi was a bit testy on the man trying to enter the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ford Explorer Sport is a four-door vehicle plus the trunk/boot.

    If the key didn’t work in the driver’s door, why didn’t she try one of the 3 passenger doors? This would have been before there were click keys only for cars….all doors would have had keyholes.

    Did anyone else think this or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many asking themselves the same question. I was a bit baffled because it’s such a common thing to happen that one door might not open for whatever reason. And as long as you can unlock the car the passenger doors are the next logic option.
      C.

      Delete
    2. Interesting question. I looked up a 2000 Sport and it had only 2 doors. She could have left the vehicle unlocked, too, but I guess she was afraid it would be stolen. The climb through the back actually doesn't look to hard; there must be a reason she could not open the passenger side either. https://www.kbb.com/ford/explorer-sport/2000/

      Delete
    3. Laurie in Toronto19 November 2021 at 02:02

      It did seem odd to me although I had a similar issue with my 1980 Honda Civic which was 15 years old when I bought it in 1995. In the harsh winters in Ontario, Canada, the driver's and passenger's keyholes would freeze. I didn't smoke so couldn't warm the key with a lighter. Oddly enough, the key to the hatchback worked though so I would climb in through the back and over the car seat. It was by no means easy and I quickly bought an electric key warmer at Canadian Tire after I had to do it a couple of times (once in an evening dress); that solved the problem :)

      Delete
    4. Yes you missed the part where she said it was a two door!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to watch this!!! Such a nice mid-week treat!! I just have to say is Meghan aging backwards??? She is so gorgeous but wow, recently she has that "glow" about her that is just incredible! I really need to find her skin care routine and adopt it stat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca in Colorado19 November 2021 at 18:08

      Meghan's skin is always so enviable! I definitely think a reduction in severe stress/mental health crisis has contributed to her extra glow.

      Delete
  4. Meghan looks really nice, even though I think her outfit is a big drowning.
    But I seriously question the appearance on a general level. Ellen is a known big time bully to her employees. She also has a tendency to be too sarcastic so that her behaviour just feels condescending. The earpiece „joke“ is just embarrassing for everyone involved-but Ellen.
    I said the last time Meghan appeared on tv, that I forgot how well she works the camera but from those snippets- it’s really unclear to me what she is doing on Ellen? Because being on Ellen is all about self promotion. Guests are their because they need publicity or want to plug their new product (album, movie….). It’s a very celebrity thing to do. And I always had the impression that H&M aim for something more substantial. Ellen’s show is not exactly the place to advocate for humanitarian issues. Because it gets covered by Ellen’s pranks and her “inside scoops”.
    I would prefer more renowned settings for Meghan to speak about the issues close to her heart. Because if you choose the celebrity route, you also choose being part of the tabloids deliberately. And we all know that tabloid culture not exactly their thing.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you here C. This makes no sense to me to appear on Ellen, I’ll have to watch the episode but I too fined Ellen’s manner condescending and have never been able to watch her show.

      Delete
    2. Agree completely.

      Delete
    3. I no longer like the Ellen show but I love it with Meghan as a guest! I'm sure it is self-promotion -- when you have the palace behind you, you don't need publicity. Again, the Sussexes' model is to be well known and thus basically make money. It's hard to have a foundation if no one ever sees you. Money = opportunity to fulfill charitable missions. They are not able as working royals to donate $20,000 to people or groups; they are as nonworking royals. And don't overlook that perhaps Meghan feels she needs to repay Ellen's friendship; we don't know whether Ellen has personally been helpful or supportive. This was a good opportunity for Meghan to appear on a talk show in a friendly environment.

      Delete
    4. Well articulated, I agree with you.

      Delete
  5. Watched clips on YouTube. The prank things were so so good!!!! Love the top. -op

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blouse is gorgeous!
    Meghan looks very relaxed and in her element, at home, here.
    English Royal life was definitely too confining for her

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks good, wish them well. They still have UK audience, check this out.
    https://www.stcharles.ac.uk/206/news-blog/post/154/st-charles-student-sam-snkerr-publishes-books-on-amazon

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mad About Meghan! We do so look forward to reading your thoughts. Constructive, fair debate is always encouraged. Hateful, derogatory terms and insults are not welcome here. This space focuses on Harry and Meghan, not any other member of the Royal family. It's not the place to discuss politics either. Thank you for reading, we look forward to your comments :)